As we continue to grow, we seek new ways to engage youths across Jamaica. We are now welcoming new youth leaders from across the island to help us spread our initiatives by starting a JAYECAN Extended Membership Organization (JEMO) in their school or community.
To start a JEMO, you must be able to satisfy the following:
1. You Must be between the ages of 18 and 35
2. Complete the Jamaica Social Action Leader Programme Certification (JSALP) with us.
3. Write a letter of intent/motivation
4. Obtain a Letter of Recommendation
-Teachers, Principals/VP, Youth Leaders, Religious Leaders, Guidance Counselors.
5. Secure a meeting location with the requisite permissions in writing.
The process can be completed in less than three weeks. After all these conditions have been met, the official tool kit and first badge of approval will be administered.
STEP 1: Complete PHASE 1 of the application form, select “Community Groups” for the area that you’re interested in.
STEP 2: Gather the required documents and members, as stated above.
STEP 3: Complete PHASE 2 of the application form and await approval.
STEP 4: START YOUR JEMO!!!!